August 29, 2005

What are the mandatory qualities as far as a manager (or a MBA aspirant) must possess

Iam a third year engineering student from kerala. I wish to do a mba after my graduation. Now a days I was able to see various advertisements of coaching institutes for CAT 2006.The main intention of writing this letter is to clarify some of the doubts regarding this career.

1. First of all I want to know what are the mandatory qualities asfar as a manager (or a MBA aspirant) must possess. As far as iam concernediam a little bit shy person and also regarding the extracurricular activities, it is almost nil. I want to know whether this shows in any way that iam not capable to become a manager. Can you please tell some of the activities which I can cultivate from now onwards.

2. When I wrote many of the MOCK-CATS, I found my performance to be very pathetic. Similar is the case of various tests conducted within the college premises. I want to know whether this is a negative one or whether it can be rectified by joining the course. What is the ideal scoreas far as a student before joining a course is concerned? This sort of bad performance is little bit demotivating me.

3. What are thing that I can do in order to improve my performance in CAT, GD/PI and overall personality development.

4. Whether it is better to do the MBA after graduation or after gaining some work experience.

Posted by: Vijay

No comments: