June 11, 2005

Career choice

I have recently given my B.A pass examination with journalism, political science and education as a subject and now i want to make my career in journalism or in electronic media. But i have an problem that i am so much week in english and i have not done any honours course in journalism. So please tell me that is it a good scope for me in journalism. Actualy i have lots of interest in journalim. And if it is not good for me than suggestme another good field to me which is good for my future and also suggest me good and cheapest english speaking and personality development institution in kolkata and also near in IIT POWAI mumbai.

Posted by: Rahul

1 comment:

e2c said...

Courses in journalism are offered in Hindi and regional languages.

You can build your command over any of the language. So if you have lots of interest in this field, I will suggest you pursue in this career.

You should have following attributes to mould yourself to a successful professional

command over the language

ability to express ideas clearly and concisely

open minded

unbiased approach

curiosity

wide-ranging interests

an instinct for the story's appeal to people

ability to sum up situations and people quickly

ability to draw people out ; resourcefulness

resilience

ability to sift relevant facts from irrelevant information

stamina

courage

willingness to work hard at irregular hours and on holidays

dedication.

If you have got the above qualities/confident of improving on these in coming years, then start preparing for upcoming entrance examination.

About your weakness in english, start with vast resources available on the net, read your favourite magzines, news papers regularly & start conversation your friends. Institutes like British Concil etc are better option