June 11, 2005

Career choice

I have recently retired from Law Enforcement Officer following 29 years of service and I am considering Computer Technology as a new career. Most, if not all of my experience has been data entries i.e.fill in the blanks. I am presently pursuing the COMPTIA A+, Network+Certification Courses.

Can you advice me as to a suggested path in the Computer Technology field that will allow me to maximise my full potential both in Salaryand Career. I recognise and understand that the Computer world is constantly changing. I am 55 years of age with neither an AA or BA.Is time a factor?

Posted by: John H. Lynch-Wade Jr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time is a factor, but you can turn it as advantage.

The courses like networking can get yu very decent job. Try to relate your past experience with the new job you are looking for, that way you can jump start your career at manager level.

Entrepreneurship, business developement, IT consulting are other areas you should consider at this level of career.