June 18, 2012

PG in psychotherapy / Applied Psychology

Sender Name: Mrinal Bhutani

Q: I am academically a civil engineer from IIT Kharagpur, but having discovered my interest in human behavior, am currently working in human resources. I wish to acquire a post-graduate degree in psychotherapy/applied psychology through distance education that would enable me to start my own practice.

Can you please suggest which institute/course would be my best bet? Please also suggest on the procedure and minimum requirement to register as a practitioner.

A: You can join distance learning course in Applied psychology is offered by Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Tamil Nadu. They offer an M.Sc. in Applied Psychology. The course duration is 2 yrs and the eligibility is Graduation in any discipline.

Also check The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines promoted Masters in Psychotherapy AND Counseling (M.P.C.) Program - Distance Education Programme. Eligibility / Pre-Requisite is Graduate from any stream. Duration is 2 Years.

( http://www.altmedworld.net/psychotherapy-counseling-master-course-program.htm )

No comments: