January 24, 2012

Career growth in Global RMG field?


Name: Reji Raj


Q: Hello, I am in a Big career mess up!. Yes I agree! I need desparate guidance, and I believe I have come to the right place.

To start with, I have completed my MSc.Bioinformatics in 2006, but i started my career as a Technical Support Rep. After 3yrs in the job I completed a Technical Writing course (totally worthless, I feel now) and joined a company as CBT developer, once the project got over I was on bench and this drove me crazy and I decided to join the Global RMG team within the same company, rather working as Technical Writer on contract basis outside my present company. But since the day I have joined the RMG team, I am in complete dilemma. I have very limited knowledge of this field and this makes me worry more about my future. I dont want to change my career path any more, so I woud want to stick to this RMG role depending on the growth aspects, job profile, salary and how will it enhance my career and future.

Kindly...kindly help me! I need answer..Please help!!!


A: You have great future with global RMG. Think about long term career options before you like RMG Program Manager, Project manager, Director RMG, senior consultant and many other positions. Complete PMP and other TQM certification while working in Global RMG team.

Resource management is an important area of big companies. Get good exposure in important areas like technology risk, information security, outsourcing issues, operational risk, due diligence, business continuity etc. You can get knowedge and experience from assigned projects, case studies, certifications and short term courses. After 2-3 years of quality work experience, sky is the limit for you.

No comments: