May 04, 2011

I dropped two years after class 12

Q:
good evening ...
 i am pursuing B-Tech in Computer Science from a private engineering college in noida.i am in 4th year.my problem is that i dropped two years after class 12 due to a major road accident.otherwise i have an excellent academic career throughout.

The placement season would be starting soon.so my question is that whether i should indicate my year of passing of class 10 and class 12 in my resume?wont it be having any negative impact on my job prospects?

Infosys and Wipro will be visiting my college soon for placements.they dont have mentioned any explicit criteria for drop out students...

i m in stress..so please send your useful suggestions to me as soon as possible.
 i greatly rely on you at this particular moment in my life. please help me out.

A: You do not need to be panic for this reason. There are students having discontinuity in study due to preparation of entrance exams. In most cases if you can explain that you have mastered a relevant subject like computer language in that period.  

Be ready to talk about your knowledge, experience, abilities and skills. Have at least three strong points about yourself that you can relate to the company and job on offer.

You do not need to hide the years of passing for 10th and 12th in your resume. Tell the truth. You can mention the reason for the gap if you face interview questions related to discontinuity in your study and what you did in those years.

No comments: