September 23, 2008

Career in consulting

Name: prashant

Q: I have done part time mba in hr , I like solving problem and consulting,  i would like to go for management consulting as profession. Could you please tell me how one can get into this field and how should I proceed to get a job in same field. Also please inform me of any course I need to opt in order to achieve this goal.

A: You can begin your career at a KPO related HR and management consulting.

To begin your career in consulting you need to understand and demonstrate effective practice development skills, your area of expertise.

The first step on the consultant's career path is a position of a Consulting trainee/analyst – it is a role which will enable you to gain direct involvement in the delivery of consulting assignments, often directly on the client's site.

You can apply to these companies directly or through job sites - Evalueserve, SmartAnalyst, Netscribes, ValueNotes, Ugam Solutions, marketRx, Inductis, Allsec, Scope eKnowledge, Copal Partners, Pipal Research



No comments: